Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Taking A Look At XenServer

Sorry ladies and gents, this post is not a how to, it is about my impressions of XenServer. With that said, on to the post.

For the last couple of weeks, I have gotten a chance to play around with a spare server at work and a copy of XenServer 6. From my experience with it so far, I really like it.

As with anything new, there is a little bit of a learning curve, but if you are familiar with virtual machines and hosts, like me, you shouldn't have a problem.

Now, unlike Hyper-V and vmWare, XenServer is open source and free, you only pay for a support contrat, if you want. I know this seems right because XenServer is owned by Citrix, but I assure you it is free. XenServer was created way back in 2003 and along the way somewhere, Citrix bought up the company.


XenServer is based on Linux, that is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment