Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Unable to install printer. The print processor does not exist.

I had a Windows Server 2008 print server lose about half of its shared printers. When I tried to reinstall a missing printer, I got an error message stating "Unable to install printer. The print processor does not exist."


I did a quick search and found that this is caused by a corrupted printer driver. I uninstalled the printer driver and installed a freshly downloaded one. I reinstalled the printer and selected Install New Printer Driver. I named the printer the same thing as it was before and all the users were able to print again.


To recap go to:


  • Start
  • Control Panel
  • Printer & Faxes
  • Add a New Printer
  • Start Hardware Wizard
  • Reinstall the Printer Driver (do not use existing)
  • Finish the Hardware Wizard
  • Test Print (if you like)

No comments:

Post a Comment